Healthy Eating

TV & Radio, Gardening, Who's Who, etc.
KeenCook

Re: Healthy Eating

Post by KeenCook »

Thank you Sue, yes, we do eat some animal protein, although certainly not every day, possibly weekly or a couple of times a week.
At the moment eating Jewish Penicillin (aka chicken soup) every day for my gut, we're probably having more than usual!
WWordsworth

Post by WWordsworth »

Hi

Yes, I add it for the umami and I think it might slightly thicken the soup too.
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

Thanks WW. Did you put in a tablespoon or so in a decent-sized batch of soup?

Btw, I know we had a discussion about the new Kallo Umami stock cubes on another thread. I have finally found somewhere to get them in Hammersmith, our Holland & Barrett. (They don't do the chicken ones, though, which is what we actually wanted. OH had to go to Sainsbury's for them! Unfortunately he didn't know I'd been trying to find the Umami ones so he didn't get any. Next time!)
WWordsworth

Post by WWordsworth »

Yes, probably a good tablespoon to a litre of stock.
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

:thumbsup :thumbsup
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

KeenCook wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:39 pm Thanks WW. Did you put in a tablespoon or so in a decent-sized batch of soup?

Btw, I know we had a discussion about the new Kallo Umami stock cubes on another thread. I have finally found somewhere to get them in Hammersmith, our Holland & Barrett. (They don't do the chicken ones, though, which is what we actually wanted. OH had to go to Sainsbury's for them! Unfortunately he didn't know I'd been trying to find the Umami ones so he didn't get any. Next time!)
Hmm, well, OH was obviously confused. We went to H & B today to get the stock cubes - they have turned into a health supplements shop. No fresh food; I wanted to check out their yogurt, ha, all they have is one tiny fridge with a few bits and pieces in it.

I guess he must have seen them at the other health food shop at the other end of King Street; another time!
PatsyMFagan

Post by PatsyMFagan »

I'm sure I bought my Umami stock cubes in my local Tesco and it isn't even a large branch
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

PatsyMFagan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:22 pm I'm sure I bought my Umami stock cubes in my local Tesco and it isn't even a large branch
Ah, will have to look next time I'm at the large Brook Green one, definitely not at our local at the end of the road.