What are you baking this week?

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
aero280

Re: What are you baking this week?

Post by aero280 »

This evening I made a batch of a dozen sesame bread rolls. Well, they are normal roll dipped in some sesame seeds that needed using up...

IMG_5305.JPG
Earthmaiden

Post by Earthmaiden »

Mmmm, I could just eat one of those lick lips
scullion

Post by scullion »

looks like a burger day!
Cheezy_Jazzy

Post by Cheezy_Jazzy »

Rhubarb and Apple Crumble was made at the weekend. My works former caretaker popped in last week with rhubarb from his allotment. I got a carrier bag full of it! I did give some to a couple of friends as I haven't got the room in my freezers. With what was left I made one very large Crumble and two smaller ones.
Uschi

Post by Uschi »

Cheezy_Jazzy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:53 am Rhubarb and Apple Crumble was made at the weekend. My works former caretaker popped in last week with rhubarb from his allotment. I got a carrier bag full of it! I did give some to a couple of friends as I haven't got the room in my freezers. With what was left I made one very large Crumble and two smaller ones.
If you have jars with twist-off lids you can also make a lovely compote with it and just fill it in piping hot, twist on lid, turn over for a minute or two and turn back. Works a treat.
Cheezy_Jazzy

Post by Cheezy_Jazzy »

Uschi wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 am
Cheezy_Jazzy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:53 am Rhubarb and Apple Crumble was made at the weekend. My works former caretaker popped in last week with rhubarb from his allotment. I got a carrier bag full of it! I did give some to a couple of friends as I haven't got the room in my freezers. With what was left I made one very large Crumble and two smaller ones.
If you have jars with twist-off lids you can also make a lovely compote with it and just fill it in piping hot, twist on lid, turn over for a minute or two and turn back. Works a treat.
I might try that next time! Thank you.
Uschi

Post by Uschi »

Works with most fruit.
herbidacious

Post by herbidacious »

I have rhubarb envy.
Sloe-Gin

Post by Sloe-Gin »

With grandaughter's new found love of baking - and the dearth of suitable bakeware in our house - I'm investing in some new tins.
One thing I have on order is a non stick flan tin. We're going to make a fatless sponge when they next come over. Rhubarb seems like a suitable filling.
I might have to practise first :D
Uschi

Post by Uschi »

Sloe-Gin wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:46 am With grandaughter's new found love of baking - and the dearth of suitable bakeware in our house - I'm investing in some new tins.
One thing I have on order is a non stick flan tin. We're going to make a fatless sponge when they next come over. Rhubarb seems like a suitable filling.
I might have to practise first :D
You could also go for mini-tins (half of the usual) and then she can make two cakes, one for you, one for her. :D
Pepper Pig

Post by Pepper Pig »

Re rhubarb,my mum regularly makes this. It’s dead good. I think Suelle makes it as well.

https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitro ... monds.html
Suelle

Post by Suelle »

Pepper Pig wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:59 pm Re rhubarb,my mum regularly makes this. It’s dead good. I think Suelle makes it as well.

https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitro ... monds.html
I've not made it for a while, but it is one of my favourite rhubarb desserts. lick lips