Chatterbox

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
Lusciouslush

Re: Chatterbox

Post by Lusciouslush »

WWordsworth wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:55 pm Unfortunately, neither comes with a volume control.
Or a pair of whitened-teeth-proof sunglasses....... 8-)
Jeez - those teeth of theirs could guide ships through the fog........!
Earthmaiden

Post by Earthmaiden »

I read an interview with her where she said that the teeth were the one thing she really, really wanted when she arrived in the position to be able to afford them and they have made her feel much more comfortable with herself.
I do think she's quite a genuine person and felt pleased she'd been able to afford her dream but sorry that the result made her the object of ridicule amongst so many.

GD has been coveting beige things lately - she's usually on trend. I think it's called coffee or latte or something :D. My school uniform was that colour in 1964 and called fawn :D.
oat

Post by oat »

We are having our bathroom made over and was told in three different bathroom showrooms yesterday that grey is out.
But I'm not sold on navy, dark green or glossy white. I'm sticking with my usual colours, beige and cream. Works for me
Lusciouslush

Post by Lusciouslush »

oat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:59 pmthat grey is out.
:o
What about the lovely 'Elephant's Breath' grey - that could never go out of fashion!
I don't get what colour trends are - never have - it's all about what you personally like isn't it & lighting/size of a room......
sheep mentality.....
Sakkarin

Post by Sakkarin »

oat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:59 pmgrey is out...
Well I've got good mileage out of it, I think my grey bathroom suite was fitted in 1989! Replaced an avocado one...
Lusciouslush

Post by Lusciouslush »

Sakkarin wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:27 pm Replaced an avocado one...
I had one of those waaaaaaaaaay back - 'twas cool! :lol:
Grey rocks!...........so many colours that complement it.
scullion

Post by scullion »

oat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:59 pm We are having our bathroom made over and was told in three different bathroom showrooms yesterday that grey is out.
that may be because they had no grey bathrooms left! our son's bathroom has grey cabinets and i've just made him giant grey beanbags. i don't think grey is out.
oat

Post by oat »

I would not choose grey for anything. :thumbsdown
Hate it.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I prefer ‘greige’.
(Nothing like sitting on the fence🙄😉😄!)
aero280

Post by aero280 »

When i did up our bathroom, we chose "Misty Mirror" which is a blue/grey colour. The colour before was pink. The emulsion was blistering and coming off. When I got going, it turned out the beneath the pink was a two tone green rag-rolled finish in a 1930's original paint a bit like tar... I had to grind it off!!

IMG_3365.JPG
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

My bathroom is basically beige, those simulated limestone tiles.

When I stripped the bedroom window frames I got down to the original Victorian paint, I’d call it Municipal Park Bench Green. It’s now Jasmine White.
Earthmaiden

Post by Earthmaiden »

I'll put up with most colours for bathroom suites except PINK :evil: :evil:. The one here for my first few years in a sort of sunshine yellow/orange with matching walls wasn't great. I've always preferred white. When I was thinking of moving a few years ago I went to view a house where the chap had spent a lot of money doing up the kitchen with no room for the appliances I would have wanted but left the pink bathroom for the new occupier. Had he done up the bathroom and left the kitchen I might have been interested.
oat

Post by oat »

Decided to have white cupboards and drawers. Then when we get fed up of them we can always get them wrapped ;)
Earthmaiden

Post by Earthmaiden »

White definitely leaves future options open. When I had my bathroom done last year I had a dark blue cupboard and vanity unit. It shows up every little splash. There is a trend for a similar colour in kitchens - based on my bathroom experience I'd leave well alone.
herbidacious

Post by herbidacious »

My bathroom is beige. Although it was clearly done long before we moved in in 2009 it's easy to get replacement tiles (which are all over. It's a tiny bathroom.) One in the previous house was quite a bright lilac when we moved in (and, er moved out) but then one room was pillar box red and the hall and landing were a shade of orange that was popular in the early 2000s (and which my husband's cousin has used to paint the front of his house..)

I'd rather like a black and white bathroom - or at least black and white floor tiles, but not sure if it would work in such a tiny bathroom.

The bathroom in my mother's house is pale lilac, I think. It was a very pale turquoise/jade ('aqua' in the '70s). Or maybe the colours were the other way round, temporally speaking.
oat

Post by oat »

I'm not saying I'm indecisive but the almond oak floor has been ordered.
Along with matt almond furniture.
I am the most indecisive person I know.
PatsyMFagan

Post by PatsyMFagan »

oat wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:47 am Decided to have white cupboards and drawers. Then when we get fed up of them we can always get them wrapped ;)
Oooh, have you had personal experience of getting stuff wrapped ? I have painted some of my (original cream) kitchen doors, but for those doors/drawer that get the most use, the paint hasn't been a success, so I am thinking of replacing the worse 3 doors with oak ...
PatsyMFagan

Post by PatsyMFagan »

herbidacious wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:26 am I'd rather like a black and white bathroom - or at least black and white floor tiles, but not sure if it would work in such a tiny bathroom
My bathroom fitter did his own downstairs toilet in a Victorian style.... white sanitary ware, black and white tiles set in a diamond pattern and very pale grey walls ... it looked great -very light and bright
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

The first bathroom I remember was black and white, 1930s art deco, nice

I wouldn't have anything wrapped, I wouldn't buy any more kitchen cabinets with that finish, they haven't worn well,

I'd consider replacing the doors and drawer fronts, but not should what to go for, the carcases are designed to show
oat

Post by oat »

Patsy, friend had fridge freezer wrapped it looked great and still does after 3 years.
Not so good on the larder units. She is now thinking of having them spray painted :o
I would probably do it in a bathroom, but not my kitchen