Knickers

TV & Radio, Gardening, Who's Who, etc.
Pepper Pig

Knickers

Post by Pepper Pig »

herbidacious

Re: Knickers

Post by herbidacious »

I have wasted a lot of money on knickers before finding ones that are comfortable. Attractive ones went out the window (not literally) probably around the time it did for me in general!
Earthmaiden

Post by Earthmaiden »

Do they make pretty undies any more? I wouldn't have been seen dead in 'sensible' knickers until relatively recently even though I now see the merits.

Talking of 21st century passion killing ... have you experienced this kind of bathroom? https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/2232107 ... alls-door/
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

Very comprehensive article - the only thing she seems to miss (I did skim some sections) is the pee pant phenomenon which is all over the ad breaks for Steph’s Packed Lunch and Countdown.
Earthmaiden wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:07 am Do they make pretty undies any more? I wouldn't have been seen dead in 'sensible' knickers until relatively recently even though I now see the merits.
I took to Sloggi for a while ca 1990 as they were comfortable and being so streamlined didn’t make bumps under leggings and all that stretchy jersey. They didn’t wear as well as expected iirc. It was quite a brief craze (punny) but I think you can still get them.

Currently M&S cotton with some lace, but the last lot I got they’d changed to lace and it’s horrible, like fairly stiff plastic
herbidacious

Post by herbidacious »

Sloggi for me and Dim which I pick up when in France.
Earthmaiden

Post by Earthmaiden »

Stokey Sue wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:34 am Currently M&S cotton with some lace,
I have given up on them, my last two purchases of them ride down when worn with trousers :evil:
I think think that period and pee pants are an amazing and liberating innovation on many counts. I would definitely need to try them round the house first though!

I do like a private bathroom though.
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

I have found with the M&S knickers I take a size smaller than I do in their trousers or the elastic round the top is too loose
scullion

Post by scullion »

I used to buy the packs of m&s cotton mini's but now get them from matalan - the same but much cheaper.
my brother has a glass screened shower in the guest bedroom - he knows my views on it...
Amber

Post by Amber »

We’ve come across the glass bathroom doors before, especially in Europe. Who on earth thinks it’s a good idea :o ?
aero280

Post by aero280 »

I can't comment on the knickers...

We stayed in a Logis hotel in France which had a bathroom with a pair of lightly frosted glass doors and wall. The wall was full height, but the doors were styled like the saloon doors in the old western films, and about 4 ft wide. They started 18 inches above the floor and finished at about 5ft above the floor. Half way up the middle join, there was a cut-out in each door to allow you to put your hand through to pull the door(s) open. They swung both ways with a spring action. They were quite dangerous, the gap between them was narrow and a swinging door could trap your fingers in the gap. Effectively a glass screen with a big hole in the middle!! :o
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

I stayed in a hotel in Eger in Hungary that had a toilet that faced a floor to ceiling window - only about a metre away. It was first floor on the street side of the building.

It was a narrow street and the building opposite had no first floor windows, I don’t think anyone could have seen in even without the net curtain, but really
Suffs

Post by Suffs »

For ‘every day’ I go for the various iterations of these https://www.marksandspencer.com/5pk-cot ... ip48g2r1c2

Comfy, they wash and wear really well, don’t look to me or ‘he who sees them’ like ‘old lady’s knickers’ and I think the price is reasonable.
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

Those are the ones I go for Suffs but haven’t liked recent lace.
Seatallan

Post by Seatallan »

Suffs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:45 am For ‘every day’ I go for the various iterations of these https://www.marksandspencer.com/5pk-cot ... ip48g2r1c2

Comfy, they wash and wear really well, don’t look to me or ‘he who sees them’ like ‘old lady’s knickers’ and I think the price is reasonable.
Snap! In fact I have that very pair... :D
Busybee

Post by Busybee »

And a third snap!!

BB
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

How funny, so do I! The first lot I got were beige, the second are white. I don't go in for colours.

Did someone say they get a size smaller so they fit properly? I actually find I'm a lot more comfortabe in a size larger, and, in fact, always have been :oops:
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

Yes I go plain beige white and black

I’m really between two sizes, so I tend to go up for trousers and skirts that are fairly rigid, and down for soft knickers and joggers at M&S and down for Lands End as everything is cut for people without waists
Suffs

Post by Suffs »

How funny to think we’ve all got the same knickers on 😂
Seatallan

Post by Seatallan »

Suffs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:44 pm How funny to think we’ve all got the same knickers on 😂
Though thankfully not the same pair!! :)
Uschi

Post by Uschi »

Seatallan wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:47 am
Suffs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:45 am For ‘every day’ I go for the various iterations of these https://www.marksandspencer.com/5pk-cot ... ip48g2r1c2

Snap! In fact I have that very pair... :D
Having no Marks and Sparks here I haven't got the same (I would go for it with those pretty polka dots, but I have several similar pairs in that shade of blue and other colours.