What are you eating today?

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
Ameew

Re: What are you eating today?

Post by Ameew »

A panini and a lentil salad sounds absolutely fine Herbi , never be too restrictive if you’re trying to lose a few pounds , it’s never sustainable. Salad dressing sounds lovely
herbidacious

Post by herbidacious »

I have been eating similar, or less, for 6 weeks now. Weight loss ground to a halt a fortnight ago (it was slow anyway). And if I eat a little more, I put on weight. Depressing. Feels like there is some sort of systemic resistance. I'd have lost a stone on the diet I am on, in this amount of time, 5 years ago.
Ameew

Post by Ameew »

Have you worked out your TDEE ? Google a guy called James Smith , if you put in all your relevant stats , it comes up with a decent calorie allowance for fat loss if you choose that as your desired option .

What is the structure of your diet , what have you put in place for it . For me , high protein works best and keeps you fuller for longer
herbidacious

Post by herbidacious »

Thanks, Amy. I will look into it.

Very limited ability to exercise/be active because of chronic fatigue with PEM is clearly making it harder.

I am not struggling with will power at all, at least, and the sugar craving disappeared in less than a week. But I am getting to the point where I feel a bit fed up with restrictions. I suppose as long as the weight is coming off one is strongly motivated to keep going, but I have plateaued and it's struggle to hang on to what I have lost - if that makes sense.

The diet is primarily low calorie but also quite low carb and definitely low sugar. I should probably calorie count as I know it's easy to underestimate what one is eating, but I really hate calorie counting as I am prone to becoming obsessive!
Upping low fat protein would be a good idea. Maybe reducing cheese even more :?
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

Roast chicken with lemon and za'atar tonight - picked up a large Waitrose chicken for £3.35 this morning. No way 2 of us will ever get through even half of it so we plan to freeze the cooked chunks - legs, one of the breasts etc.

It's marinating in yogurt, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic and then before we put it in the oven you smother it with za'atar and make sure it adheres to the skin.

Hot oven for half an hour, with shallots (well, onions as we haven't got any shallots!) and lemon halves and some water, then turn the oven down and then give it another 60-75 mins, making sure it doesn't dry out.
Our go-to chicken recipe is almost always Alison Roman's recipe with baby tomatoes, oregano and fennel seeds rubbed in, cooked VERY slowly, so this will be a change, and the first time we're doing it like this.

Will report back!
Ameew

Post by Ameew »

I’ve done similar with a chicken before and it’s been lovely . Fajita Friday tonight at work for my clients

RockyBVI

Post by RockyBVI »

Looks lovely Amy.

And sounds lovely KC.

I made keema and Tara Dahl last night. Delicious if I do say so myself!
RockyBVI

Post by RockyBVI »

We had pie and chips last night - from the M&S deal. Very nice it was too (with loads of veg)

Tonight is chicken risotto. I enjoy the stirring as a way to switch off!
aero280

Post by aero280 »

Today it’s a Cornish pasty at the NEC. There’s a pasty shop in the concourse. Quite pleasant for a mass produced one.
Last edited by aero280 on Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWordsworth

Post by WWordsworth »

Lunch was smoked haddock with brown bread and an egg.

It's just me for dinner tonight and I'm not in the mood for cooking so it will probably be a baked potato and salad.
WWordsworth

Post by WWordsworth »

Lunch was my current favourite, poached egg on toast.

We had a stupidly busy day today and we are currently reclining with a g&T.
Once we get round to it dinner is quick and easy - sirloin steak with baby potatoes and salad.
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

Made a slow cooker chicken casserole with 4 large chicken thighs. Not bad, but I still seem to put too much liquid in, though this time not ridiculous.

I’ve been really hungry all day - breakfast, lunch of salad with crab sticks and and egg and a big flatbread, afternoon snack, then the casserole with spuds and psb

Doesn’t sound madly excessive but the portions were all huge.
WWordsworth

Post by WWordsworth »

Madhur's lemon & coriander mackerel with baby potatoes and salad.
Looking forward to that.
(J is chef tonight and is still on the sofa)
Badger's Mate

Post by Badger's Mate »

Last night was pork chilli verde with some multicoloured quinoa, HM whack-a-mole and some tortilla chips.

ETA

Rhubarb & blood orange clafoutis for afters
Lusciouslush

Post by Lusciouslush »

Badger's Mate wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am Rhubarb & blood orange clafoutis for afters
Oooo..... that sounds good.....!

So looking forward to dinner tonight - my walk down to the fishmonger's this morning resulted in a big beautiful John Dory - my favourite fish! It put a huge grin on my face.
Samphire to go with & new pots.
WWordsworth

Post by WWordsworth »

I'm going a bit off piste for a Good Friday, we're having haggis.
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

Are you confused WW? :lol:

I didn’t plan anything as I thought I might have a big lunch, but all I really had was a portion of moussaka so I’d better have a proper supper. Feel uninspired.
Suffs

Post by Suffs »

Supper here today is baked buttered trout with lemon, roasted asparagus, watercress and a homemade potato salad with tarragon.

We had warmed hot cross buns for breakfast after dippy egg. There are plenty left if we need a dessert. lick lips
Binky

Post by Binky »

We had poached eggs with asparagus and hollandaise sauce for a brunch-y breakfast. Then we'll be scoffing these darling little Easter bunnies after a late lunch....

Earthmaiden

Post by Earthmaiden »

Gorgeous treats! Happy Easter, Binky!