I'm sorry, I have to vent ...

TV & Radio, Gardening, Who's Who, etc.
KeenCook

I'm sorry, I have to vent ...

Post by KeenCook »

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit- ... hike-eu-ee

What is left for them to do to cripple the profession ...
Seatallan

Re: I'm sorry, I have to vent ...

Post by Seatallan »

I'm with you KC. It's going to potentially effect my nephew (a professional French horn player).

The gift that keeps on giving..... :thumbsdown
Earthmaiden

Post by Earthmaiden »

Every day there's something else ... :evil:. Even with democracy upheld this could all have been done so much better.
scullion

Post by scullion »

i heard a report on the radio, last week, that said that the percentage of people who would now vote no to brexit has increased to the point that brexit wouldn't have happened.
why could they not have had the foresight, rather than looking backwards, before the vote!
Suffs

Post by Suffs »

It’s also affecting the wider entertainment business DS works for … of course. 😡
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

Suffs wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:11 pm It’s also affecting the wider entertainment business DS works for … of course. 😡
Yes, hugely, that whole thing with cabotage and visas, and the whole mess with merchandise, and limits on how many countries bands can tour etc.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
northleedsbhoy

Post by northleedsbhoy »

Unfortunately, as the proverb goes, you reap what you sow, or you’ve made your bed, now lie in it. The people who voted for Brexit are now beginning to realise what it actually means and are in the ‘how dare they’ mode especially those who realise that they’re going to have to get a sort of travel permit to go abroad.

The EU had its faults but nothing to compare to the unexpected (but foreseeable) consequences that not being a member of the elite club brings.

Cheers
NLB :thumbsup
Gruney

Post by Gruney »

scullion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:02 pm why could they not have had the foresight, rather than looking backwards, before the vote!
Because they believed the lies they were being told.I heard it every time I went into my local, there was no reasoning - Boris said it,therefore that was the truth. I was very unpopular.
WWordsworth

Post by WWordsworth »

especially those who realise that they’re going to have to get a sort of travel permit to go abroad.
We have close friends who have a property in Spain.
They are upset they can no longer come and go as they please.
I find it extremely difficult not to point out that is what they both voted for.
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Uschi

Post by Uschi »

KC, idiots will never die out. People here are enamoured of the rightwing AfD, even after news broke, that they were having a poor man's Wannsee-Conference, drawing up plans about an area in Africa (big enough to hold 2 million people) where all foreigners and Germans without an Aryan certificate will be sent. (whether Europeans, Americans and Australians are included in that number is not yet clear). I know many people who would not mind all that ...

What most have missed is that politica enemies with a Aryan certificate would be included in that number.

Quite where in Africa they would build these holding camps (how about naming them "Auschwitz II", "Bergen-Belsen 2" and so on?) and which country would be willing to grant Germany so much land (maybe another Blitzkrieg will yield a good result?) they have not yet figured out.

This is the result when people outsource their brains and believe any old codswallow.

Germany has an enormous labour shortage and an ageing population. Even if every German woman of childbearing age was made to produce at least five children they would not be "ready" soon enough to wipe all the old arses in time.

"Lord, make it rain brains, please."
aero280

Post by aero280 »

By definition, half the population have an IQ of under 100. There is little hope. In the future the AI systems will exploit the “oppressed” and take over.

Has anyone else read the Robert Harris book “The Fear”? It’s a few years old but quite eye opening.
Uschi

Post by Uschi »

I‘ll have a look. Thanks!
Pepper Pig

Post by Pepper Pig »

aero280 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:26 am By definition, half the population have an IQ of under 100.
Plus the fact that many, many people just don't engage with politics. I'm quite surprised we're not in a worse state than we are.
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

aero280 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:26 am By definition, half the population have an IQ of under 100. There is little hope. In the future the AI systems will exploit the “oppressed” and take over.

Has anyone else read the Robert Harris book “The Fear”? It’s a few years old but quite eye opening.
Thanks for the recommendation, have just bought it on Abe Books, and plan to suggest it for my BG when it's my turn in a couple of months :thumbsup
aero280

Post by aero280 »

Oooops! :( The full title is "The Fear Index".
KeenCook

Post by KeenCook »

No prob, aeoro, Amazon/Abe Books sorted me out :D