Non food related TV

TV & Radio, Gardening, Who's Who, etc.
Amber

Re: Non food related TV

Post by Amber »

Race Across The World starts again on Wednesday 10th.
PatsyMFagan

Post by PatsyMFagan »

Wondering if JRC is watching Whitstable Pearl.....I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :thumbsup
Pepper Pig

Post by Pepper Pig »

What channel is it on Pat? I can't find it although I only have Sky and Netflix.
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

It’s on Drama PP, hence also on UKTV Play catch up.
PatsyMFagan

Post by PatsyMFagan »

Thanks Sue... :thumbsup
Pepper Pig

Post by Pepper Pig »

Ooh thanks!
Pepper Pig

Post by Pepper Pig »

Another friend has put me onto ITV’s Professor T. I’m enjoying it so far, 2 episodes in. Stars Ben Miller as an autistic university lecturer. Also has the wonderful Frances de la Tour as his mum.
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

I started watching series 1 of Professor T and gave up.
I liked him, and I really liked the secondary string of the two young detectives, but he seemed to belong in a slightly grim Sarah Phelps adaptation of a 1930s Agatha Christie and they were totally up to date. I couldn’t reconcile the two so stopped.
It’s only fair to point out I was quite ill at the time so maybe I should give it a second chance.

I just discovered Simon Reeves Burma is on to coincide with Burmese/Thai New Year, so have marked that to watch. Hankies required I suspect.
PatsyMFagan

Post by PatsyMFagan »

I too enjoyed the first series of Prof.T, but have given up on this second series....too surreal for me
Suelle

Post by Suelle »

The original Belgian series of Professor T was much better (and even more surreal). I think it may still be available on C4 streaming.
Pepper Pig

Post by Pepper Pig »

Ben Miller was on The One Show tonight. His character is not autistic as I was told. He has OCD.
Ameew

Post by Ameew »

Would really recommend dear reindeer on Netflix . It’s very gritty and complex, but I binged the whole thing in a day
Pepper Pig

Post by Pepper Pig »

Nice little series just started on Channel 4 at 4pm daily. One of the local boat owners flagged it up as he’s on one of the programmes somewhere round here.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/narrow-escapes
PatsyMFagan

Post by PatsyMFagan »

Of course I'm watching ...so many memories...
The young girl watching her boat being lifted into the water was taking photos from exactly the same angle I did....my heart was in my mouth...
Amber

Post by Amber »

Thank you, I wanted to watch this, but got distracted.
Norfolkman

Post by Norfolkman »

Watched the last of 3 episodes last night of the BBC programme Pompeii The New Dig.

It was superb. I intend watching them all over again.

That's what the BBC do so well. Pity they seem to have gone down the road of showing lots of modern rubbish stuff.

Must be fantastic to work in Pompeii with all the discoveries they have made and are making.
scullion

Post by scullion »

i've watched that too, fascinating. it has also made me wonder what measures are in place for the next (imminent?) eruption other than going to pray as shown at the end of the last episode...
the interpretation of the painting as a pizza was a little bit speculative for my liking when you consider that similar bread 'trenchers' were used in the middle ages instead of plates.
we were stunned by the plumbing fittings uncovered in last weeks episode. that sounds geeky but i think you know what i mean.

the betany hughes series on channel 4 (saturday) is also good.
Norfolkman

Post by Norfolkman »

Yes, Bettany Hughes is very good.

So too Alice Roberts with Digging for Britain.
Stokey Sue

Post by Stokey Sue »

I've been watching Alice Roberts second series of royal autopsies on Sky History, some of that is pretty speculative but interesting if you aren't squeamish, felt very glad Queen Anne had a nice husband, she had so little else to comfort her (and looked very much like the classics mistress at my school).

I didn't notice Bettany has a second series at first but my series link from series 1 caught it.

Really enjoying Pompeii (I've ep 3 to go), I like the way they let the perambulating professors talk you through it though some of the narrator's script could have done with a sub editor (e.g. surely a harness is the straps, or the whole assembly, not the hardware?)
I don't know if it's pizza - don't most cuisines with a flat bread have a go at baking the topping on to it - pizza, Turkish lahmacun, some Indian and Persian things etc?
Pepper Pig

Post by Pepper Pig »